Lucerne | Self Catering Holiday Cottage | Daymer Bay | North Cornwall
Lucerne is a bright and spacious holiday home perched at the top of the Greenaway, arguably one of the best locations on the North Cornwall coast. Within easy walking distance of the South West Coast Path linking the popular surfing hub of Polzeath and the calm waters of Daymer Bay nearby, there is so much to explore from Lucerne on foot. It has 3 double bedrooms sleeping 6 guests and the option of a sofa bed in the sunroom, which can be closed off entirely.
The bungalow is in a lovely quiet location accessed by a private road but within walking distance of a shop, cafe, pub and all local beaches. There is a private driveway with plenty of parking and extra cars can be accommodated on the grass verge at the front. Relax in the fun yet stylish living room with bright colours and decor giving the room a cheerful feel with a superb view out to sea. Sliding glass doors lead to the conservatory dining room with a large table and seating enough for 12 people. This room, again, doesn’t disappoint with its colourful styling and plenty of board games to play, if you find yourselves indoors on a rainy day. Linked by a hallway is the family bathroom with separate shower and bath and a WC next door. There is a further shower room and WC. There are three bedrooms with built in wardrobes with dressers and sinks. The two bedrooms at the front are lovely bright rooms with sea views, the back bedroom looks over the rear garden. The bungalow is surrounded by a large garden with shrubs, trees and banks of hydrangeas bordering expansive lawns to the front and rear. There is a large patio at the front overlooking the sea with table and chairs for outdoor dining. There is extra seating for relaxing and enjoying the view or a ping pong table for those who would like a challenge. A hidden, small glass fronted summerhouse located at the front of the lawn is a great space to sit and enjoy the view and watch the world go by.
Set off towards the golden sands of Greenaway Beach with your buckets and spades, where you can kick back and relax while your children explore the rock pools, or enjoy some sea swimming around the bay. Nearby you’ll find the well-known Oystercatcher Pub, where you can relax on the deck with a local beverage and sample the seaside menu. Discover Polzeath beach which is well-known for being a surfer’s paradise and a nearby surf school is on hand for all levels whether you are taking to the surf for the first time or wanting to develop your technique. For those shopping enthusiasts, Polzeath hosts a great range of seaside restaurants and shops from the latest surf trend to some stunning local wall art. Or take the coast path towards Rock on the Camel Estuary, the water sport mecca with a choice of sailing, water skiing, wake boarding, SUP and boat trips, all of which can be booked via Camel Ski for any level and you may be lucky enough to spot dolphins. A stay at Lucerne has something for everyone.
*Guests staying at this property will benefit from discounted use of the golf, swimming pool and gym facilities at The Point.
- Bedroom 1 – Superking
- Bedroom 2 – Twin (can be zip and linked to a Superking)
- Bedroom 3 – Twin (can be zip and linked to a King)
- Utility Room: Washer/Dryer, large SMEG fridge with ice box, ironing facilities
- Family bathroom with bath & shower
- Separate W.C.
- Additional Shower & W.C.
- Kitchen with Dishwasher, under counter fridge with ice box, oven, separate grill, hob, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, Magimix, blender.
- Sitting room with smart TV, DVD player, boards games & DVDs
- Sunroom with TV/DVD player and optional sofa bed
- Garden with Hammock, Table Tennis, Lawn Games (croquet etc)
- Amble parking for multiple vehicles
- Large lawn totalling 1/3 acre
- Patio with sea view
- Garden furniture
- Welcomes up to two pets by arrangement
- Discounted use of the golf course at The Point
- Discounts across the swimming pool, gym and golf course at The Point
- Close walk to the beaches of Polzeath, Greenaway and Daymer Bay
- Close to local bars and restaurants
- Stunning Sea Views
- Super-fast WiFi
- House linen and towels included
- Booked / Unavailable