6 Slipway | Self Catering Holiday Cottage | Rock | North Cornwall
6 Slipway is a delightful end of terrace holiday cottage enjoying fantastic views across the Camel estuary from the upstairs balcony and sitting room towards the fishing port of Padstow. The property benefits from private parking for two cars and a garage making it a practical and brilliantly located self catering cottage in Rock. 6 guests can sleep across 3 bedrooms with a bathroom and a shower room, ideal for a few couples sharing or a family. Pets are also welcome with some fantastic walks directly from the front door.
The ground floor has a garage, a utility room and a shower room, ideal for storing sailing or beach gear and somewhere to wash the salt and sand away. Stairs lead up to the lounge/dining room and kitchen where the sliding door reveals the far-reaching views across Porthilly Cove and the Camel Estuary. A twin room with a wash hand basin is also located on the first floor. Upstairs on the 2nd floor two zip and link bedrooms (1 supering and 1 twin by default) and the bathroom with shower can be found. The master room enjoys a small balcony overlooking the slipway down to Rock Sailing Club and more estuary views.
The cottage is next door to the renowned Mariners pub & restaurant by Paul Ainsworth offering some of the best cuisine in the area. The cottage is also a short walk from the shops, cafes and bars at the end of the road. Just in front is the slipway onto Rock beach or in the other direction a footpath down to Porthilly Cove (accessible on low tides from this point). Take the passenger ferry to Padstow, where sitting in one of the many cafes or pubs is a relaxing way to while away the hours watching the world go by. Stroll around the art galleries and gift shops or walk up the pretty winding streets that flow down towards the picturesque harbour where working fishing boats and pleasure crafts jostle for position within the sheltered harbour walls.
Activites are not hard to find; Why not try your hand at sailing, SUP or waterskiing at the Camel Ski School. The beach and dunes along the Camel Estuary offer stunning views and ideal walking paths, linking up with the coastal footpaths around to the surfing beach at Polzeath. Excellent golf can be found at both the Church course of St Enodoc in Rock and the superb course at The Point down the road.
*Guests staying at this property will benefit from discounted use of the golf, swimming pool and gym facilities at The Point.
- Utility Room with washing machine & tumble dryer
- Shower with W.C.
- Open plan Living/Dining Room/Kitchen
- Kitchen featuring; integrated electric oven & ceramic hob, microwave, fridge/freezer & dishwasher
- Double glazed sliding door with Juliet balcony and sea views
- Bedroom 2: Twin Beds (3 ft) with wash basin, shaver sockets & mirror
- Bedroom 1: Superking bed (zip & link – can be made twin)* hair-dryer & balcony with sea views
- Bedroom 3: Twin Beds (zip & link – can be made superking) *
- Bathroom with bath, shower, basin & W.C.
- Parking for 2 small cars
- Balcony with sea views
- Front line access to Rock beach
- In the heart of Rock
- Discounted use of the golf course at The Point
- Discounts across the swimming pool, gym and golf course at The Point
- Close to local bars and restaurants
- Within walking distance of Rock beach and the Padstow – Rock ferry link
- Glorious estuary views over multiple floors
- House linen and towels included
- Up to two pets are welcome by arrangement
- Booked / Unavailable