Tristan | Self Catering Holiday Cottage | Daymer Bay | North Cornwall
Set within sweeping lawns atop Greenaway and Cowrie Beaches, Tristan enjoys a 180 degree view of the ever-changing Atlantic Ocean and the mouth of the Camel Estuary, both perfectly framed by Stepper Point ahead and Pentire to the right. With its four double bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom, Tristan is spacious and supremely comfortable with its unique orangery (inspired by the Caribbean designs of Oliver Messel), which commands that spectacular view. This is the ideal place for adults and children alike. For those looking for romance, adventure, rejuvenation, or merely an escape from the stresses and strains of everyday life, Tristan in Trebetherick is the answer and promises the holiday of a lifetime that offers something for everyone.
Tristan is definitely for those looking for the authentic coastal getaway. The accommodation is for eight guests and, being all on one floor, it is ideal for older relatives or those with mobility problems. The parking is private, but once there the property is so well appointed, and in such a lovely position, that the car is hardly needed. Weather permitting, nothing can beat breakfast and lunch al fresco in the sheltered courtyard with those outstanding views, or inside from the elegant orangery with its high, vaulted ceiling, so perfect for entertaining or relaxed dining with the family. Once the sun goes down behind Stepper Point and the horizon glows red in a glorious sunset, there is the cosy sitting room with its wood-burning fireplace for warmth and comfort, whatever the weather outside.
Tristan links up with the South West Coast Path that leads to Polzeath Beach, with its world-famous surfing and wild swimming to the east. In the other direction, there is the rather more tranquil Daymer Bay, while Rock is a little further up the Estuary. There is so much to do in this enchanting part of North Cornwall. There are the delights of Padstow, where the Camel bicycle trail, stately home, cafés and bars are only a short ferry ride from the beach at Rock. Or stay local, where many a top restaurant can be found in the surrounding villages, along with craft shops and great pubs. For the young and energetic, there is a host of beach activities at Rock, such as sailing, SUP (stand-up paddle boarding) and water-skiing with the Camel Ski School. For the slightly less energetic, there are the wonderful walks to be had along coastal paths that meander through the beaches and dunes of the Camel Estuary, or inland along a network of trails through some of the most beautiful countryside in the county. Golf too can be found at both the links Church Course at famous St Enodoc in Rock and the superb course at The Point just down the road at St Minver.
*Guests staying at this property will benefit from discounted use of the golf, swimming pool and gym facilities at The Point.
- Sitting Room with smart TV and wood burner
- Kitchen featuring intergrated electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher
- Orangery with stunning sea views
- Bedroom 1: Twin Beds with en-suite Bathroom/Shower/W.C.
- Bedroom 2: Twin Beds with en-suite Bathroom/Shower/W.C.
- Bedroom 3: Twin Beds with en-suite Bathroom/W.C.
- In annexe with external access of through bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4: Kingsize Bed (5ft) with en-suite Bathroom/Shower/W.C (Shared with bedroom 3)
- Large lawned garden
- Patio area
- Garden furniture
- Ample off-road parking
- Gorgeous views across the mouth of the Camel Estuary
- Discounted use of the golf course at The Point
- Discounts across the swimming pool, gym and golf course at The Point
- Large lawned garden
- Within walking distance of Daymer Bay, Greenaway and Polzeath beaches
- House linen and towels included
- Wood burner
- Booked / Unavailable