Old Brea Coach House | Self Catering Holiday Cottage | Daymer Bay | North Cornwall
Nestled gracefully upon Brea Hill’s fringes, Old Brea Coach House occupies a truly exceptional vantage point to explore the exceptional location. It finds itself enticingly between the pristine shores of Daymer Bay and the alluring expanse of Rock on the Camel Estuary, cocooned within the famous St Enodoc Golf Course. Step through the wooden gate which leads you onto the hillside where you are greeted by breathtaking estuary and sea views that will pause your stroll. Enjoy the panoramic canvas of estuary and the Atlantic unfolds before your eyes in a stunning masterpiece. Reserved for a select few, the journey through the rolling greens of the golf course is a privilege. Turn into a private drive, flanked by giant fir trees and before you sits Old Brea Coach House. Secluded from the world by the guardianship of mature trees, a haven of tranquility is yours to relish.
Inside, a vast array of communal spaces welcomes all generations to find their perfect retreat, whether in the joy of shared moments or the peace of solitary reflection. The centrepiece of the living room is a crackling log fire adorned with a rustic oak mantle, offering respite for weary bodies after a day in the Cornish waters. The expansive kitchen radiates warmth, with the Aga casting inviting glows. A pendant light with nautical influences gracefully hangs above the spacious island. Natural light pours through sash windows, bathing the communal areas in a radiant glow. Towering ceilings adorned with rustic wooden beams add grandeur to the space. Across from the log fire, an elongated dining table stands as an elegant setting for opulent breakfasts intimate suppers or a space suited for festive feasts. Those who triumph the challenges of the South West Coastal Path are welcomed into the cozy snug room, where plush sofas allow you to rest & recharge. An intimate window seat bathed in gentle light becomes your sanctuary, where you can immerse yourself in the pages of a novel or head out to the garden through wide-open doors. As exhaustion takes hold, the promise of seven serene bedrooms comes into view, each beckoning you into a realm of deep and reverie-filled sleep. Elevating the experience, two heavenly en-suite bedrooms on the first floor boast super-king beds. With a generous tally of seven bathrooms, the queuing for morning showers or evening soaks is a worry of the past.
Outside, meticulously landscaped gardens sprawl at the base of Brea Hill, their elegance mirroring the grace of this majestic property. A verdant lawn stretches forward, while sun loungers encircle a fire pit, perfect for evenings under blankets with loved ones. The rear gardens unfold into a flower-strewn oasis, inviting a sunny brunch as you plan the days ahead. Old Brea Coach House stands proudly, close to the South West Coast Path, the glistening waters of Daymer Bay, and the acclaimed restaurants of Rock and Padstow. This expansive property appeals to all generations, offering a retreat that captures the essence of coastal living in all its splendid facets.
*Guests staying at this property will benefit from discounted use of the golf, swimming pool and gym facilities at The Point.
- Utility room with 2 x washing machines, a tumble dryer, sink, iron, ironing board and a clothes drying rack
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, built-in wardrobe and en-suite bathroom with bath and shower attachment, hand basin and WC
- Bedroom 5: Twin bedroom (2ft 6″ wide), built-in wardrobe and two chests of drawers
- Family bathroom with bath, shower, hand basin and WC
- Bedroom 6: Double bed and chest of drawers
- Bedroom 7: Bunk beds and two single beds (can be zipped together on request to make a super-king), built-in wardrobe, two chests of drawers and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC
- Garage: secure storage for bikes, boards and wetsuit hanging
- Wet room with changing area in the garage
- Well-equipped kitchen with Aga, electric oven, microwave, two fridges, freezer, dishwasher, double sink, toaster, kettle and coffee machine.
- Living area with comfortable seating and an open fire
- TV room, Smart TV and DVD player, with doors to back patio with beautiful garden views
- Family bathroom with bath, hand basin and WC
- Wet room, changing area and wetsuit hanging in garage.
- Bedroom 1: Master bedroom has a super-king bed, built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers, TV and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC
- Bedroom 2: Double bed, built-in wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 3: Super-king bed, built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers, TV and en-suite bathroom with bath with shower overhead, hand basin and WC
- Beautiful garden surrounding the house
- Front patio with large wooden bench, sun loungers and fire pit
- Back patio with picnic bench
- Charcoal barbecue
- Heated outside shower
- Gate to Brea Hill and coastal path
- Ample off-road parking (with room for boats)
- Prime location and away from the hustle and bustle of Rock
- Within easy walking distance of Rock beach and Daymer Bay beach
- Within easy walking distance of restaurants, shops and cafe’s
- Discounted use of the golf course at The Point
- Discounts across the swimming pool, gym and golf course at The Point
- House linen and towels are inlcuded
- Central heating
- Open fire (starter pack of logs provided)
- Booked / Unavailable